The following activities are not quite tours and not quite attractions; they can all be completed in a day, and can be enjoyed as a spur-of-the-moment decision.
Adventurous Cairns Activities
Over 300 days of sunshine, plenty of space, friendly locals, and the World Heritage-listed Daintree rainforest and Great Barrier Reef side by side, it’s easy to see why Mother Nature chose Cairns and Great Barrier Reef to be the international hub of adventure holidays and home of nature’s theme park.
You can be one of the thousands of keen, fun-seeking travellers who flock to her theme park each year and swim, snorkel and dive on the Great Barrier Reef among thousands of colourful fish and coral just off the coast of Cairns.
Eco-certified and tour providers, who often generate their own electricity, water, temperature control and organic produce, operate throughout Cairns and the Great Barrier Reef region so you can comfortably get back-to-basics and enjoy a truly unique, sustainable, eco-adventure.
Or maybe you would prefer to see a fire show before you drift over the Atherton Tablelands in a hot-air balloon and then touch-down for breakfast with a lion, tea with a cassowary or lunch with a crocodile?
Choose your own adventure in Cairns and Great Barrier Reef! - Click on the tours tab to find out more.
Cairns Activities for Families
Holidays are for most spending time relaxing with your family. We've found some great Cairns activities for families to enjoy together. Have a look at the tours on the tours tab
- Departs From: Cairns, Port Douglas, Cairns Beaches
- Duration: The site is open for jumping everyday from 10.00am till 5.00 PM
Tully River Full Day Rafting
- Departs From: Cairns, Mission Beach
- Duration: Cairns 6.30am … Returns 6.00pm Mission Beach 7.30am … Returns 4.00pm
Barron River White Water Rafting
- Departs From: Cairns, Cairns Northern Beaches
- Duration: Full Day Tours and Half Day Tours Available
- Departs From: Cairns
- Duration: 2-4 hours
Pro Dive 3 Day 2 Night Liveaboard Trip for Certified Divers & Snorkellers
- Departs From: Cairns, Cairns Beaches
- Duration: Vessel departs 7am on Day 1 - Returns 3:30pm Day 3
Blazing Saddles Horse Riding
- Departs From: Cairns, Cairns Beaches, Yorkeys Knob
Cairns Tropical Zoo
- Departs From: Cairns
- Duration: Cairns Tropical Zoo is open from 08:30 - 16:00
Cape Tribulation & Daintree Rainforest
- Departs From:
- Duration: 11 Hours