For people who want to experience rapids but not go the extreme rapids, the Mulgrave River is perfect. Situated south of Gordonvale, the Mulgrave River fluctuates in flow according to the amount of rainfall. You can start your adventure from anywhere in the Goldsborough Valley, and finish in a park called ‘Greenpatch' in Gordonvale. It is possible to kayak from the top of the Goldsborough Valley to Gordonvale in one day.
Other rivers and details are listed below:
- Barron River
- Tully River
- Daintree Kayaking
- Fitzroy Island Kayaking
- Port Douglas SUP Boarding
* Please note that the flow of water in these rivers varies greatly depending on the amount of rainfall. This is only a guide. If you have any hesitations about your ability, or the condition of the river, check with local guides.
What you'll need on a kayaking adventure is:
- Kayak – keep in mind that the longer a kayak is, the easier it is to control on flat water. In addition, the wider a kayak is the more stable it will be. The Perception “Dancer” is a great beginners kayak. Long enough to handle calm stretches of water easily, but short enough to dodge and weave between rocks in the rapids.
- Double-ended paddle
- Personal Flotation Device (a.k.a. Life Jacket)
- Plenty of drinking water
- Hat (one you don't mind losing) and sunscreen
- Shoes that can get wet
Tully River White Water Rafting | Full Day | RnR
- Departs From:
All times and activities in this itinerary are intended as a guide only and are approximate and subject to change due to circumstances beyond our control (i.e. weather/water).
Tully Classic: Feb to Mid May then Oct & Nov:
Cairns 6:00am to 6:00pm
Mission Beach 7:45am to 5:00pm
Self Drive 8:45am to 4:00pm
Trully Rafting: Mid May to Sep then Dec & Jan
Cairns 10:00am to 10:00pm
Mission Beach 11:45am to 9:15pm
Self Drive 12:45am to 8:15pm
Now this white water rafting tour on the Tully River is certainly challenging and not for the faint hearted at all! You need to be prepared to be scared out of your wits and to work as a team when carrering down those mighty Tully River white water rapids.
Mossman River - Stand Up Paddle Boarding Tour - Rainforest River - Port Douglas - WSWEL
- Departs From:
2.5 to 3 hours (approx)
Take to the beautiful rainforests in the Daintree and jump on a Stand Up Paddle Boarding tour down prisitine rivers and waterways. This is a really unique way to experience the World's Oldest Rainforest
White Water Rafting Barron River | Adrenaline Half Day Tour | FF
- Departs From: Barron River, Cairns
2 hours (approx) of rafting
Book a half day white water rafting tour on the Barron River in Cairns for a few laughs, spills and thrills. Keep your paddles up and paddle with all your might when you rafting guide yells to go, go, go. The half day Barron River white water rafting tours are fun for all age groups
River Tubing | Behana Gorge or Mulgrave River | Cairns Half Day Family Tour
- Departs From:
4 hours Total with 2 hours River Tubing
If white water rafting or sea kayaking is not your speed how about trying River Tubing in beautiful Behana Gorge just outside of Cairns. This is a great half day tour that is a ton of fun for the family and all age groups