AJ Hackett Bungy Cairns
The AJ Hackett Bungy Tower in Cairns is located 15 km north of the city in dense tropical rainforest. The tower is high enough to provide stunning views of the Coral Sea and mountains around Cairns.
The Free Bungy Jumping coach transfers need to be pre-booked as do the jumps and Minjin Swing
Awesome Cairns View from Tower
The Cairns bunji jumping tower is perched above a gorgeous pool of clear, crisp mountain water and surrounded by waterfalls and tropical rainforest. The view from the top of this bunji tower has been described as 'breathtaking and spectacular', and views all the way to Green Island on the Great Barrier Reef can be seen.
Of all the bungy jumping locations operated worldwide by AJ Hackett he describes the Cairns tower as the most spectacular Bungy site in the world. It was also purpose built as a bungy jumping tower, so it has features and facilities you'll find nowhere else in the world.
So seriously, if you're going to bungee anywhere in the world, you really should sample the best.
More than 1 million people have bungy jumped from AJ Hackett Cairns' bungy site. The bungy cords, attached to the top of the tower and also to jumper's ankles, are made from latex rubber and are designed to withstand 5 times the strain that they are subjected to. Bungy is a Kiwi (NZ) slang word for elastic strap.
It is interesting to note that bungy is perhaps one of the most commonly misspelt adventures in existence, known as: bungee jumping (commonly said as buuuuuuuungeeeeee as one is jumping) , bunji jumping (which is rumoured to be the NZ spelling) and bungy jumping (which is the most popular spelling).
However you spell it, it all sounds the same as one is terrifyingly falling through the air! BUNGEEEEEEE!
In Vanuatu, vine jumping is a test of manhood and carried out to assure a successful yam season. Men jump from a tree with only vines around their ankles, and this is said to be the primitive predecessor to the modern bungee jumping. Rest assured, AJ Hackett Bungy Jumping in Cairns has almost had close to 1.5 million jumps and is the only tourism operator in the world to be certified by a safety standards body, and is far safer than vine jumping!
In Cairns, AJ Hackett have developed a number of different jumping methods and styles which are unheard of in other jumping locations in the world, making our tropical-style bungee jumping just that little bit more interesting:
Classic Bungy Jump 'Swan Dive'
The thrill of bungy jumping is Cairns goes beyond the classic 'swan dive' bungy jump. AJ Hackett's bungy tower is equipped with an upper platform which incorporates a diving board, which makes one feel as if they're walking the plank on a pirate ship, a fully operational water slide and a down hill ramp for more extreme jumps in case you don't want your beloved bike or skateboard to miss out of your bungy experience.
Rest assured, if you just want to bungy gracefully, that's quite ok too.
Night Bungy Jump
Many already know that lunatics were so named because their insanity was believed to be affected by the phases of the moon. In Cairns, lunatics come together once a month at the full moon party at the Cairns Bungy Jumping tower!
Commonly known as the Cairns Full Moon Party, entry is free and the party in the jungle at bungy tower includes free transport out to the bungee jump site, guest DJ, fire performers and return transfers to the city clubs. Considered by many locals and backpackers to be the social highlight of the month, the full moon party is not to be missed.
Bungy jumps during the night party are charged at the standard rate, however many believe that night bungy is infinitely more exciting and adrenalin-inducing than the day time garden variety. Night bungy jumping is rarely offered at any jump locations around the world, so Cairns bungy jumping presents an option almost as unique as Cairns itself.
Minjin Jungle Swing
An Aboriginal legend lends this addictive bungy jumping variation its name.. the story goes the Minjin was a vicious cat-like creature who roamed the hillslopes of Cairns. Today's mountain devil takes off from the AJ Hackett bungy tower, as an intoxicating swing reaching speeds of up to 100kph. I bet your mum couldn't push you that fast!
One, two or three people can enjoy the Minjin Swing together in hang-gliding harnesses, suspended with stainless steel cables. Gravity provides the charge, and wooosh!, you're swinging above the rainforest faster than Tarzan ever did.
Those who have enjoyed the Minjin Swing before you claim it feels as though you are flying!
Bungy Jumping is for anyone looking for an awesome rush. However, in order to meet our strict safety standards we have certain restrictions:
- You must be 10 years or over (10-18 years parental/guardian consent is required)
- You are unable to participate if you are pregnant.
- AJ Hackett Bungy may need to ask you some basic questions about your health. Should you have any doubts it is best to consult your doctor.
- Minimum weight is 45kg.
What to Bring to your Bungy Jump
- Comfy clothes, remember that the Cairns weather is as unpredictable as anywhere else in the world... you are outdoors
- Friends, Relatives, Fellow Travellers, and others to watch your feat of bravery
- A small $3.00 surcharge for public liability insurance
What AJ Hackett Bungy Provide
- All the bungy jumping equipment and safety gear
- Registered Jump Master to hold your hand, oh and of course to oversee all jump preparations
- A jump certificate to show your friends and folks back home to prove your courageous effort (on conclusion of your jump this is presented)
- A series of 5 large format photographs are taken of your bungy jump. These photos really capture your crazy moment, and are available for a small extra charge.
- A video of your jump is available for viewing immediately afterwards and is produced in PAL or NTSC format so it can be played in all parts of the world. Also available for an extra cost.
- And drum roll a Bungy Jump T shirt to say you did it!